Megan McKenna always rocks an incredible range of extensions [WENN]
But just how bad are they really?
The answer is not at all, so long as you have them professionally applied – and continue to look after them once they’re in. We love Zen Hair extensions thanks to their high quality and expertise.
“You should always go to a reputable stylist, the key to success with extensions is to use a credible product,” experts told OK! online.
“Once you’re working with high quality products and service, the rest is easy!”
Khloe Kardashian uses extensions to help her hair with thickness and volume [itv]
But, the key to you hair’s ongoing success is by ensuring the high quality hair is being looked after following the application.
Bridget O’Keeffe, MUA, Beauty Blogger and Founder of Blush + Blow, has given OK! online her best tips and tricks for managing your extensions.
How to look after your hair extensions
1. A gel based shampoo should be used for your roots as to not make the hair too silky to ensure that the extension does not start to slide down.
2. A very thick conditioner needs to be used for the extensions because they generally get a lot dryer than you natural hair.
3. Extensions must be rough dried to almost dry before being blowdried as the hair is processed it does not need as much smoothing as your natural hair.
Dancing On Ice: Holly stuns in full-length white gown
Kim Kardashian plans to send her new fragrance to all her ‘haters’
Stacey Solomon reveals she was told she NEEDS botox
Primark selling Chance By Chanel knock-off perfume for only £3.50
Kate Middleton has just had a beautiful nude lipstick named after her by Charlotte Tilbury
Kylie Jenner gives birth: 20 year old has been planning her pregnancy for the last ‘two years’ after welcoming baby girl with partner Travis Scot
Kelby McNally from OK! online got her hair done at Blush + Blow with incredible results [OK! online]
4. When styling your hair with heated appliances the tongs/ straighteners they should be left on the hair a little longer as extensions are thicker than you natural hair.
5. when you have extensions ideally you should not wash your hair more than once a week to not over wash the extensions and ensure that the extensions last as long as possible.
6. As the extensions tend to take to styles a lot longer than anyones natural hair means that you are not applying as much heat to your own hair ensuring that the quality of you hair stays nice, shiny and healthy.
7. It is very important that you never apply to much tension to your extension as it will pull your hair.
For more details including prices, salons and booking an appointment, click here.